- Member Content
Thank you for Visiting YSPN360!Access to our instructional content is reserved for our registered members. Becoming a YSPN360.com member is fast, easy and FREE! Your membership will give you unlimited access to our instructional content. No credit card needed, No gimmicks. Register today!
- Bullpens are a great way to help pitchers get ready for pitching in games, while also developing their mechanics.
- Coaches can use this time to assess what needs to be worked on during the ‘pen.
- Keep it flowing: A player’s throwing delivery during warm-up should mimic their pitching delivery during a game.
- Go slowly: Work on one or two things at a time during bullpens.
- There are many common mechanical issues for the 12-U pitcher, but here are two to keep an eye on:
- Problem 1: Head sways during the windup.
- Fix: Using a physical cue, the coach should place their hand—just slightly—on top of the pitcher’s head. This will keep them centered.
- Problem 2: Pause at the top of the leg lift.
- Fix: The coach should place their hand toward the back leg, so they get used to a good rotation with their core during the leg lift, which will gather momentum to drive forward.
- No robots: Remember, the pitchers should have natural rhythm and timing with their arm and body during the delivery.