Fielding – One Hop Backhand Knee Progression:
- All infielders must develop the ability with confidence to field with the backhand
- Drill is performed on knees to focus and isolate upper body and hands
- Shoulders will turn to throwing side of body with eyes down on ball
- Elbow flex while fielding the ball will allow fielder to field the ball in the pocket of the glove easier than the without elbow flex where you’ll often end up trying to field the ball with the heel of your glove.
- This is a firm one hop groundball to the players backhand
- Stand 5 or so feet away and toss firm one-hoppers to the players backhand
- Give the infielder time to adjust before jumping in and making corrections.