- Simplifying the swing is one of the main reasons hitting off of a tee is so useful.
- This contact drill makes the hitter focus on the upper half of the body (not a lot of leg movement) while developing the hands and elbows through to the contact point.
- Make sure the hitter is relaxed with the grip—don’t overgrip or overcompensate because that will lead to an improper swing plane.
- Keep the elbow at a good 90-degree angle when starting the swing: this allows for a longer swing path.
- Don’t go beyond contact—exaggerating the contact point will help the hitter improve the pre-contact mechanics.