- Good base & connected to ground
- Quiet feet in the batter’s box. Limit movement
- Many young players move their feet around a lot, almost like a little dance in the batter’s box.
- If feet are moving a lot prior to the stride while waiting for the pitch, practice just standing in the batter’s box waiting for the pitch without movement
- Then, introduce a thrown pitch where batter simply takes it without swinging. This will help the batter to learn to quiet the body.
- Often, hitters with a lot of movement in their feet in the box have trouble making consistent contact. This make consistent timing more difficult.
WATCH the Video: You can share this and other videos with your players. Bring it to practice on your I-Pad, Mobile device, or laptop computer.