- This portion of the drill focuses on footwork conditioning and developing the proper transfer and exchange with the glove.
- Make sure the catcher executes the proper exchange (from glove hand to throwing hand): if the glove faces down during the exchange, a fumbled ball will be more difficult to recover from in order to make a strong throw.
- Start with the throw to third base. Then, work on throws to second base. Finish with throws down to first base.
- Meet the Ball vs. Catch the Ball Deeper: as long as the catcher works “under” the baseball, it’s up to the player.
- Really focus on the technique!