- This drill is designed to help the catcher with blocking consistency. For the practice partner and/or coach: roll three balls at the catcher; then to the catcher’s left; then to the catcher’s right.
- The proper sequence for blocking begins with bringing the glove down, and then back toward the body.
- The glove must stay between catcher’s thighs in order to keep the ball in front.
- Keep the elbows back during the sequence: incorporate the chest protector into blocking
- The cather’s head should maintain a 45-degree, downward angle.