- Create slight angle by getting wide going down first baseline. This will enable a better angle to inside corner of first base to make a more efficient turn towards 2nd.
- Does not matter what foots hits the corner of the bag so long as you’re “in stride.
- Return to first bag to back our outfield side of first base once play does not allow for you to advance to 2nd.
- Avoid getting to wide as you approach first base as this will only slow you down.
- Emphasis on hitting front corner of first base in stride. No foot is more important than the other.
- Play is “in front of the baserunner.” Allow the runner to determine how aggressive he/she should be in trying to get to 2nd or staying at first base. Creating an intelligent baserunner is priceless!
WATCH the Video: You can share this and other videos with your players. Bring it to practice on your I-Pad, Mobile device, or laptop computer.