- Infielder is on knees to isolate upper body and hands
- Turn chest/shoulders to glove side
- Glove will “give ground” or move away from ball to give infielder a better hop to work with.
- We can’t always get in front of groundballs so we must work to be effective infielders with one hand as well
- Focus is on firm glove side one-hoppers
- Be about 5 feet or so away from infielder and make sure your tosses are firm so the infielder can turn and work away from the ball with the glove
- Give players a chance to self-adjust before making corrections
- Remember, this is not an easy drill or play. Allow them to self-correct