- Let ‘em hit and have fun. Do not feel need to correct.
- It’s difficult to replicate game speed.
- Hitting is all about timing and rhythm. Allowing young kids to just swing to swing allows them to learn their body over time.
- Just get the hitter to hit. Swings do not need to perfect.
- Less is more from the coach. Make sure they are having fun hitting with YOU.
- The more enjoyment they get from hitting, the more they’ll want to do it. If it becomes a chore and a lesson every time, they’re less likely to want to hit.
- Getting swings should be the goal up to 10 years old; avoid over-coaching at all costs.