- Iron Pyramid: while in your hitting stance, imagine having an iron pyramid on the bottom of the back foot and taking the point of it and driving it into the ground.
- This technique creates a visual feel for the hitter to use so they will keep the back foot anchored to the ground.
- Iron pyramid will allow the hitter to keep more weight over the back foot, which will allow the proper sequence of weight transfer.
- Another technique, called Heal Bolt, is when the hitter visualizes bolting down the back heel into the ground so that when the hips rotate during the swing, the back heel stays connected to the ground as long as possible.
- This visualization method helps keep the hitter’s legs engaged during the swing.