- The Figure Four Drill is another practice tool for pitchers that will focus on the direction and drive during the delivery.
- Line up: make sure the pitcher draws a line from the middle of the rubber toward the center of the plate—this is their Powerline.
- The Figure Four Drill adds in a cone, which should be placed behind the heel of the landing foot.
- When the pitcher gets to the “K” position, the next step should be to drive with the back foot, kicking the cone. If the pitcher misses the cone, their direction is off.
- Mix it up: if you’re throwing to the corners, the drive with the back foot should be toward the target—inside corner and outside corner, respectively.
- Stay focused on the direction and drive, keeping the Powerline, during this drill.