- Call it
- Get under it
- Squeeze it
- Player communication: “Mine”. “I got it”. Avoid collisions and dropped balls.
- Beat fly ball to the spot of the catch – try to avoid allowing players to get used to “meeting” ball. “Meeting” the ball refers to timing the catch of the fly ball. If you have time, beat it, don’t meet it.
- Use tennis balls with no glove – builds concentration, tennis balls are not easy to catch, and like to bounce
- Use of heavier balls then allows player to really feel the “catch”
- Progression drill for this includes moving players in, back and side to side to catch fly balls.
WATCH the Video: You can share this and other videos with your players. Bring it to practice on your I-Pad, Mobile device, or laptop computer.