- Most youth sports injuries are caused by over use or fatigue
- Additional risk factors include pitching with elbow or shoulder pain or soreness
- Research shows that kids are 36 times more likely to require a surgery if they pitch with soreness, pain or fatigue
- Avoid pitching on multiple teams at the same time
- Make sure plenty of rest is included in the program
- Most young players won’t realize they’re fatigued. As adults we must look for those signs.
- Take a look at recommended pitch counts and annual innings by clicking here