- Stay out of the baserunner’s “slide zone”
- Work from behind the bag
- Place tag on front edge of the bag to the ground without over extending the arms. Baserunner will have no option but to slide in to tag.
- Focus on footwork behind bag
- Beating the ball lets you set up properly to receive throw
- Teach players to use the bag to protect them from the runner
- Start slow and build speed based on player’s individual aptitude
WATCH the Video: You can share this and other videos with your players. Bring it to practice on your I-Pad, Mobile device, or laptop computer.