- Stay low – Don’t come up as you’re flipping ball. That leads to ball flying upward out of hand.
- Use body momentum for speed on ball. Follow your flip – don’t stop and then flip.
- Make sure flipper gets glove out of the line sight so fielder can easily see the flip
- Firm toss
- Include team communication in drill. Talk to each other. “Here it comes.” “Watch my toss.”
- Start slow, then speed up the drill in repetition as players get more comfortable
WATCH the Video: You can share this and other videos with your players. Bring it to practice on your I-Pad, Mobile device, or laptop computer.