- Words mean something and can confuse hitters with whom you’re working.
- Hands inside the ball means the hands are inside the ball and not pointing the knob of the bat at the ball.
- Negative Move = The beginning aspect of the swing, where you are “Gathering to Power.”
- An Inefficient Negative Move = stacking over the back foot, or our hands will load first and get on the outside of the back foot.
- When these happen, there’s just not enough time or space for the hitter to keep their hands back.
- The hands end up falling forward, limiting the hitter’s body to where the hitter has only the ability to create bat speed in front of them.
- An Efficient Negative Move = The hitter delays his hands from “loading” early and get into the glutes/hips, setting the stage for creating “early bat speed.”