- Though awkward-looking, San Francisco Giants outfielder Hunter Pence has a batting style that is actually a good tool for learning the Gather to Power sequence.
- The drill focuses on having the hitter first drop the knob of the bat to the front-side knee, which will start a forward-and-back weight transfer.
- Work with the hitter’s comfort: it can be a full Hunter Pence drop, a half Hunter Pence drop, or a quarter Hunter Pence drop.
- The key is having the knob leading to the knee, not the knee leading to the knob.
- Don’t coach the movement: allow the hitter’s body to naturally develop the feel of the drill and build a comfortable flow.