- The Gather to Power sequence encompasses everything from the initial stance setup, to the load, and ends with the front toe touch.
- Work with the hitter’s specific style of stance and setup when working on this drill
- Done correctly, the drill will help the hitter—regardless of style—find the best way to gather energy to start the swing.
- The focus of the “Power” portion of the drill is making sure the hitter’s hips are deep (back over the heels) when the front foot lands: it’s crucial for allowing the hips to begin a proper rotation.
- Tip: more often than not, a young hitter’s swing is not the issue; it’s the improper “Gather to Power!”