- Member Content
Thank you for Visiting YSPN360!Access to our instructional content is reserved for our registered members. Becoming a YSPN360.com member is fast, easy and FREE! Your membership will give you unlimited access to our instructional content. No credit card needed, No gimmicks. Register today!
- A softball pitcher’s velocity relies on creating resistance during the delivery.
- During the drive off of the pitching rubber, the front foot must be far enough out in front (past the head) so there is a good angel and firm front side—this technique is similar to the principles used when hitting.
- The head should always be in the middle of the stance.
- The Stay Behind Drill uses a point—whether it be the practice partner’s or coach’s hand or a barrier—that forces the pitcher to focus on stepping out in front and creating resistance.
- Keep your head back! It’s the key to building resistance, which will increase velocity.