- The Three Line Drill helps create effortless power, developing the pitcher’s timing and drive with the lower half.
- Create the three lines out in front of the pitcher (rubber) according to the athlete’s specific ability, size and strength.
- The lines, in 12-inch increments, should begin at an easy/casual release landing, and end with (or close to) the maximum landing point a pitcher can create when throwing.
- With each increment, have the pitcher focus on the proper pitching-sequence timing, creating more drive and spring with the legs.
- Keep the pitcher aware of their total body movement!