- Member Content
Thank you for Visiting YSPN360!Access to our instructional content is reserved for our registered members. Becoming a YSPN360.com member is fast, easy and FREE! Your membership will give you unlimited access to our instructional content. No credit card needed, No gimmicks. Register today!
- Youth pitchers need to focus on repeating mechanics and throwing strikes.
- Youth pitchers should learn to control the strike zone—before trying to throw hard!
- During the release, having the fingers on top of the ball, and the wrist out front and on top will help with throwing strikes.
- There are two leading causes for a flat release sideways movement:
- Pulling the front shoulder out of the way (overexerting), leaving the arm angle to overcompensate by releasing around the body.
- The head gets forward too soon (also overexertion), causing the throwing arm to overexaggerate catching up with the rest of the body.