- Note: This drill requires a Power Drive.
- The Power Drive Drill develops young pitchers’ feel for generating a better push and momentum shift toward the plate.
- Focus on the form: have the pitcher step on the Power Drive with the pivot foot (arm-side), placing weight on the toes with a good knee bend. The Power Drive will shift down and they will hear a “Click.”
- Don’t rush the pre-setup and first few deliveries: allow the pitcher to develop the feeling.
- Once they are able to perform the delivery in continuous, comfortable motion—and are mechanically sound—then the coach can add in throwing the ball to the target.