- Note: This drill requires a Power Drive and Tunnel.
- Adding onto the previous power drive drill, this progression adds in a foot tunnel which will keep the pitcher from rotating the pivot foot.
- Keeping the pivot foot straight during the drive not only aides the momentum going in a forward direction, but also eliminates any crow hop—causing an illegal pitch—when the foot turns.
- The power drive with a foot tunnel helps a pitcher develop the feel to stay over the top of their foot.
- Like the previous drill, the focus should first be on the mechanics and developing rhythm and proper pivot foot drive.
- Once the pitcher is mechanically sound and comfortable with the drill, then the coach can add in throwing the ball to the plate.