- With a runner on first, bunt to the first base side, this forces the first baseman in from the bag.
- Create the correct bat angle. For a left-handed hitter, point the barrel of the bat toward third base. For a right-handed hitter, point the knob toward third base.
- Knee-flex and lower body helps maintain bat angle. Flex the knees and lower your body so the bat meets the ball. Don’t lower the bat.
- When bunting to the third base side, a right-handed hitter points the barrel of the bat toward first. For a left-handed hitter, the knob points toward first.
- Bunt into the ground. Practice “soft hands” for a slow roll: this forces the third baseman to come in, leaving the base exposed as runners advance.
- A sacrifice but looks easy, but it takes Practice, Practice, Practice!