- Two very popular metrics used when breaking down the modern baseball swing are “Exit Velocity” and “Launch Angle.”
- Youth hitters, because they might be developing muscle a different rate than others, don’t always have the power necessary to generate the desired exit velocity.
- Developing the proper swing mechanics—from the ground, up—will help the hitter be at their best when they do start to mature.
- Launch Angle is not about hitting fly balls. It is, however, about generating power through the zone with the proper bat angle and slugging—doubles, triples, and home runs.
- The modern swing is not meant to produce ground balls.