- Member Content
Thank you for Visiting YSPN360!Access to our instructional content is reserved for our registered members. Becoming a YSPN360.com member is fast, easy and FREE! Your membership will give you unlimited access to our instructional content. No credit card needed, No gimmicks. Register today!
- As a catcher, the recovery of a wild pitch takes solid technique and timing.
- The first method for recovering the wild pitch—and making the throw—is the Two Knee Slide.
- Stay under control: make sure not to overrun/slide past the ball.
- If needed, use the right foot as an anchor—controlling the momentum and helping to make the throw.
- Note: when the ball is closer to the plate, the catcher can pick it up, while staying in an athletic position, and flip the ball/run to make the tag.